Join now - be part of our community!

VGC V2S TV Tuner card

leonix
Visitor

VGC V2S TV Tuner card

Are there going to be drivers released for the TV Tuner card in the VGC V2S or is it considered to old? I know that they are aiming to release their Vista drivers before end of march but I don't know if this will be included.

and if not is the TV tuner upgradable, I have attempted to open it up to have a look i.e. is it a standard pci slot Tuner card but I couldn;t get in it so if it is upgradable I think I would have to send it off to be upgraded.

also, what is the make model of the TV Tuner card that is in it. I can't find out from Devicde manager as I am now running Vista and as the drivers aren't recognised so it is just listed under other devices as Multimedia video controller with no details for it.

Thanks for your help

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi leonix,

The 'Sony Real Time MPEG Encoder Board' was manufactured by Conexant Systems Inc. It is an OEM device - so you will only get drivers from Sony.

I doubt if Vista drivers will be provided - there weren't even workable drivers for MCE. For similar reasons, I don't think Vaio Zone will ever be supported.

I think it is a PCI device but you may have to get the old one out to measure the size of the board as it may have been cut down to fit.

The V2S was not designed with Vista in mind and is always likely to be a more functional PC under XP.

:wink:

BastenBroeke
Visitor

I also hope so that there will come drivers, Vista is working fine !! everything works great at my VGC except I don't got TV :cry:

leonix
Visitor

I am not to worried about the drivers as I appreciate it is now quite old as long as it is upgradable, I would hate to think that I have paid so much for a PC that would become dated so quickly with no possible way of upgrading. I could of bought a standard PC at half the price that would of been perfectly capable of upgrading.

fingers crossed!

BastenBroeke
Visitor

I agree with you, here are also my fingers crossed :slight_frown:

ppj35
Visitor

Hi,

How do you open the back of a VGC V2M as i want change the TV Tuner card.

Regards

ppj35

BastenBroeke
Visitor

It's almost end April... does anyone know anything yet?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Everything has been put on the Sony Vaio-Link Download Site for VGC-V2S since 22/03/07.

The only installation instructions are as follows: -

1. Install BIOS update*
2. Install drivers**
3. Install Sony Utils.dll
4. Install Sony Shared Library
5. Install Sony Video Shared Library, Setting Utility Series*, VAIO Event Service, VAIO Control Center, VAIO Action Setup*, VAIO Power Management*, Battery Checker*, AV Mode Button*, Appmon*, Instant Mode*, VAIO Camera Utility*, Wireless Switch Setting*
6. Install VAIO TV Turner Library*
7. Install VAIO Entertainment Platform*
8. Install SonicStage
9. Install VAIO Zone*
10. Install VAIO Zone Remote Control Utility*
11. Install WinDVDX*
12. Install WinDVD*
13. Install Click to DVD*

A few have tried it so fsr and I have asked Sony for more detailed instructions.

:slight_smile:

BastenBroeke
Visitor

WHAT !! ??
Thnx !!! really weird, last week i've checked... no vaio zone or anything..
All this works???

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

WHAT !! ??

Although dated from March, I'm sure these have only appeared over the last few days.
All this works???

We don't know yet - not many have tried it.

:thinking: