Join now - be part of our community!

Virus/ Sound problems

Triantafillos
Visitor

Virus/ Sound problems

Hello to everyone!

I am an owner of a VGN-FZ21Z . Lately, i have some problems with the time my laptop takes to open the web pages...
My Norton antivirus found one virus and didnt delete but it placed it i quarantine... Is there a chance that, that is the reason for my slowdown?( i just saw at the statistics menu that tha antivirus has till now found or blocked 3 viruses)
The viruses names are : Downloader and w32.rajump...

And another problem is that sometimes when i open my laptop and start tha windows(vista) i have no sound. It isnt on mute and tha volume seems to be to the highest level.

I cant find my recycle bin...It disappeared from my desktop.... :slight_frown: where is it???? :slight_frown: :slight_frown: :slight_frown:

Please i need your help!!! I am a desperate houseuser....Thank you in advanced.
Sorry for my bad English! :smileygrin:

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Where should i go if i want to close some programms that start when the windows start...
what programms should i keep and what programms should i not keep....

Attention: Before disable any program, you must have absolute sure about what you are doing !!!

1) Start the TuneUp Utilities 2008

1) Increase Performance
1.1) TuneUp StartUp Manager
1.2) Prevent automatic start of unwanted applications

A list from all programs that run/started automatically by Windows will be presented...

1.3) Click on the name of the program

Observe that on the left side... DETAILS will tell you what this software does and
IF you need or NOT this program on the start UP.

1.4) If you don't need, just click on DISABLE ENTRY

Repeat the step 1.3 and 1.4 'till you finish.

Triantafillos
Visitor

I cant find my recycle bin...It disappeared from my desktop....  :slight_frown:  where is it????  :slight_frown:  :slight_frown:  :slight_frown: 

Hi Triantafillos

welcome to club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

Click Start, then click Control panel.

In the control Panel window click on Appearance and Personalization and then click on Personalization.

In the left hand column click on Change Desktop Icons

In the Change Desktop Icons window place a tick in the box next to Recycle Bin and press Apply then OK

im happy to be here!!
thank you!!
i found it!!! :wink:

Triantafillos
Visitor

Where should i go if i want to close some programms that start when the windows start...
what programms should i keep and what programms should i not keep....

Attention: Before disable any program, you must have absolute sure about what you are doing !!!

1) Start the TuneUp Utilities 2008

1) Increase Performance
1.1) TuneUp StartUp Manager
1.2) Prevent automatic start of unwanted applications

A list from all programs that run/started automatically by Windows will be presented...

1.3) Click on the name of the program

Observe that on the left side... DETAILS will tell you what this software does and
IF you need or NOT this program on the start UP.

1.4) If you don't need, just click on DISABLE ENTRY

Repeat the step 1.3 and 1.4 'till you finish.

thank you very much!!!
you were very helpful!!!!
thank you very very much!!! [:">]

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :slight_smile:

profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

We are here to help :smileygrin: