Join now - be part of our community!

Warranty

SOLVED
Tony62p
Explorer

Warranty

Sony offer a 3 or 4 Year extended warranty package on this site - however, this is misleading, when you try to take out the extended warranty says - 2 or 3 extra years, unfortunately Sony offer the World a 2 Year warranty unless you live in France, Ireland or the United Kingdom then you only get 1 Year - I call that discrimination, and more importantly false advertising.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi

VAIOBOXEWY1) VAIOBOXEWY2)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

@Tony62p wrote:

Sony offer a 3 or 4 Year extended warranty package on this site - however, this is misleading, when you try to take out the extended warranty says - 2 or 3 extra years, unfortunately Sony offer the World a 2 Year warranty unless you live in France, Ireland or the United Kingdom then you only get 1 Year - I call that discrimination, and more importantly false advertising.

I was led to believe that Customised VAIO models purchased in the UK come with a 2 year warranty but I get what you are saying.

The Extended warranty packs offer either 1 or 2 additional years so if it's an off the shelf model, so to speak, then depending on the pack you choose you would have 2 or 3 years cover.

Tony62p
Explorer

Mine was off the shelf because to purchase the same spec as a built to choice had a lead time of 4-5 Weeks, ie 2-3 Weeks after Xmas (a little late for a present) - the machine is great and this site would have given me 4 years free warranty (possibly 3, not sure). However, when you register your product it does offer you the option of a 3 or 4 year warranty but when you try to take it out it turns out to be a 2 or 3 year warranty - this is false advertising.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi

VAIOBOXEWY1) VAIOBOXEWY2)