Join now - be part of our community!

Windows Vista Aero

Amy87
Visitor

Windows Vista Aero

Hi, I purchased a sony vaio VGN-FZ21S in December. It was working perfectly fine until I turned it on the other week to find that I'd lost my vista aero theme(?!) I took the laptop back to where I purchased it from and they contact sony. Sony sent me an email saying that I needed to re-install windows aero on my laptop and that I could find it available on the internet. However, after a long time of searching I'm unable to find an available download for it. Does anyone know of any websites where I am able to download windows aero? I can't stand the windows standard look anymore!!!!

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Amy87,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

I wasn't aware that you could download the Vista aero.. :thinking:

Have you checked that windows Vista is selected in Themes.?

You can do this via Start, then click Control Panel, followed by Appearance and Personalization.

In Appearance and Personalization, select Change the Theme under the Personalization heading.

Check Windows Vista is enabled..

If that doesn't help, then have you tried running system restore (in safe mode) to the point when Windows Vista Aero was working..

To boot into safe mode, Start your Vaio and when the Vaio logo appears press the F8 key repeatedly..