Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless connection problems on Sony TZ

kerryburn
Visitor

Wireless connection problems on Sony TZ

Dear all,

I have two strange and infuriating problems

I have a TZ 21 WNB running Vista Ultimate and has all of the latest drivers. in relation to Wifi, specifically around hotspot login I find that I can log into some areas and not others.

an example would be that I am currently working in Seattle and I can log onto the guest wireless at Microsoft without any problems, when I return to the hotel (Hyatt in Bellevue) I find that whilst I can access the hotspot, it will not give me an IP address instead I get an Auto private address, I have also noticed this when I try BT Openzone in other hotels as well.

by way of elimination I have of course tried other wifi devices (my HTC phone an S710 and an HP laptop with a 2200 in it) and these connect immediately. I have also tried IP resets and dnsflush as well.

I have tried Proset to no avail and equally I have loaded the latest drivers etc.

Can anyone help, I even rebuilt the machine at the weekend to try and help. I should point out that WWAN works fine (using Vodafone desktop mobile connect) and LAN is fine as well.

If anyone can shed any light I would be grateful.

cheers

Kerry

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Kerry,

Have you installed BIOS Update R0052N7 yet? - to quote Sony "This update improves the performance when using Wireless LAN."

I see you are using Vista Ultimate, so I am not sure how much of the original Sony Utilities Package you have chosen to install but there are updates for VAIO Smart Network 1.2.01.13070 and Intel Wireless LAN Driver 11.1.1.16 for your model.

All these can be downloaded from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-TZ&m=2835

:wink:

kerryburn
Visitor

I will try it, thank you for your help

Kerry

broochie
Visitor

I have a TZ 21 WNB running Vista Ultimate

:anguished: A TZ Running Vista Ultimate, would have thought Vista Business is too much for the little baby, but Ultimate? Wow.. Just out of curiosity, whats your Windows Experince Index?