Join now - be part of our community!

DAB radios with antenna sockets

DAB radios with antenna sockets

Could anyone please tell me which of the Sony DAB radios has facilities for connecting an external antenna?

There doesn't seem to be much information online.

4 REPLIES 4
clive_mountney
Explorer

I have a CMT-SBT300WB, The supplied antenna, better known as a cheap length of wire, is totally useless! I have only had my unit for a few weeks, but am already thinking of losing the warranty by fitting a BNC socket onto the rear panel to allow the use of a decent external antenna! Having paid over £300 for this unit, I would have at least expected a useable external socket on the rear, rather than the amazingly cheap and nasty white plastic plug and wire antenna! As reception where I live is none existent, it may even be accurate to say that the unit is not fit for purpose, sadly everything else the unit does is great, such a shame, spoiling the ship for a pennyworth of tar methinks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im afraid I cannot help on your problem, but if your reception in your house/area is poor which you are aware of and you think you require an external aerial socket, why would you not do any research on the product to find one that suits your requirements?

Cheers

clive_mountney
Explorer

We have a "Pure" Dab radio which picks up numerous Dab stations in the bedroom, that is why I assumed that this unit would be fine!

Sent from my iPad
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh I see.

Ok, I have just had a look at the aerial supplied with this radio, it seems to be a single wire with an attached connector - could it be possible to modify the aerial wire similar to my answer in this post:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/home-cinema-projectors-players/dn1040-how-to-adapt-fm-to-coax/m-p/15...