Join now - be part of our community!

Does the Waterproof and Dustproof Walkman NW-WS410 Series have the EU Volume Limiter?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
blgben
Explorer

Does the Waterproof and Dustproof Walkman NW-WS410 Series have the EU Volume Limiter?

Does the Waterproof and Dustproof Walkman NW-WS410 Series for sale in the UK have the EU Volume Limiter, which prevents the device from reaching a certain (or sufficient) Level?

I am not talking about the Volume Limiter you can turn on or off / bypass yourself !

Or

do I have to obtain one from japan to avoid this dreadfull problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hello & Welcome.

Yes, my understanding is that from February 2013 all Walkmans sold in the UK will have there volume limited to 85dB.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hello & Welcome.

Yes, my understanding is that from February 2013 all Walkmans sold in the UK will have there volume limited to 85dB.

profile.country.GB.title
blgben
Explorer

So if I buy one from outside the EU (Japan for example) Will it not have this dissappointing problem?

Also, Can you tell me if a model sourced from Germany will also have this problem?

Thank you very much

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

German models as well as other European countries should all have the same 85dB cap. 

I do not know if products sold outside of the EU have the same restriction, in theory they should not be restricted to the same EU 85 dB cap but that does not ensure that the manufacturer hasn't imposed it's own cap. Might be worth checking with the retailer before making the purchase.