Join now - be part of our community!

NWZ A15 Micro SD Card problems on Windows XP

SOLVED
polpero64
New

NWZ A15 Micro SD Card problems on Windows XP

I've just bought a NWZ A15, and I can transfer music to the 16gb of built in memory, but I'm having trouble getting the Samsung class 10 64gb SD card recognised. Windows XP tells me that the drive is not formatted, but then refuses to format it.

So far, I've formatted the card in the NWZ A15, and I've selected SD card as the location for USB transfer. I've also removed the USB card and replaced it again. And lastly, I've tried using a different USB port. All to no avail.

What should I try next? Any suggestions would be gratefully received. I bought this Walkman for the expanded capacity, but at the moment it's the same size as my other Walkman, which is a bit frustrating.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Dave and welcome,

I don’t know a lot about this, but I think the problem you are experiencing is that, by default, the 64GB SDXC card is formatted to the exFAT file system (this should only be formatted from within the NWZ A15). Windows XP, without an update, does not recognise exFAT.

I suggest that you try installing the XP KB955704 update to see whether that makes a difference.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Dave and welcome,

I don’t know a lot about this, but I think the problem you are experiencing is that, by default, the 64GB SDXC card is formatted to the exFAT file system (this should only be formatted from within the NWZ A15). Windows XP, without an update, does not recognise exFAT.

I suggest that you try installing the XP KB955704 update to see whether that makes a difference.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
polpero64
New

Thanks Rich. That worked for me! The SD Card was recognised and I am currently transferring music across to it.

Thanks again for your help.

Dave.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You’re welcome Dave:smileyhappy:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat