Join now - be part of our community!

Sony NW-ZX2

giannini78
Explorer

Sony NW-ZX2

Hi, I hope someone can help or provide me with a contact email/number for customer support because I've dropped a message online around 6 weeks through the 'contact us' form and haven't heard back.

i bought a NW-ZX2 in June and the buttons along the side of the device don't work all the time, sometimes they respond fine, other occasions pretty much instantly they don't respond and I need to turn the kit on from the screen to move between tracks etc...

looking at at another forum this seems to be an issue that a number of people have. Is this a software glitch or hardware issue? If it's a hardware issue what can I do? as £1000 is a lot of money to spend on a portable player, so it should work perfectly.

if it's a software glitch, when will there be a software update?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @giannini78 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Sorry we missed your first post about this problem.

A fellow expert has escalated this for you so hopefully someone will be in touch with you

in the next few days.

Are your contact details correct in your profile?

giannini78
Explorer

That would be great Jumpsuit, thanks.
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi giannini78,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

We have been informed that someone from Sony support should be in contact with you in a few day..

Could you update us once Sony has been in conntact or if this does not happen please post back & we will try to get an update from Sony for you..

giannini78
Explorer

Still no word from anyone in support. Any idea when I can expect to be contacted?

johnwai82
Explorer

Hello, 

I am also experiencing the same issue. I have not dropped it and updated it to the latest firmware.

Would be helpful if Sony could investigate and shed some light on this ?

It happens everyday to and from work on 30min journeys. Everytime I play 3-5 songs or longer the physical  play, rewind and forward buttons go unresponsive. The other 3 physical buttons work fine.  

Regards, 

John, 

giannini78
Explorer

I finally received a generic email telling me to reset it to factory settings and send it to them in the post to investigate.

i've emailed back asking whether there is anywhere I can take it into (we do have a Sony store in Manchester after all). Surprise, surprise no reply to my email.

This is clearly a common issue as there is a forum elsewhere with lots of people reporting the same fault.

johnwai82
Explorer

Hello, 

Yeh that's not a suitable response. That wouldn't fix it anyway. It's an android setting. 

Go into settings and scroll down til you see device settings scroll down until you see Device Settings. 

You will see Button Protection with an explanation. If you untick that that should solve the issue. 

Just stops you from changing music which is more dangerous then accidently turning the volume on too loud ? 

Give that a go. 

giannini78
Explorer

I already have it unticked, like you mention, it'll work a bit and then stop so it's clearly a fault with the device.