Join now - be part of our community!

units cuts out

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
alf892
Visitor

units cuts out

my MEX-BT3700U cuts out every time I turn the volume up. This happens in all modes and all lighting goes off and comes back on a few seconds later. Only fixed by turning volume down. Unit is fitted to a 1996 corsa and was fitted by halfords

any help appreciated......the unit is only 2 years old

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi alf892,

Usually the reason the sort of thing that you describe happens is that not enough power is being supplied by the car battery (or the power supply wire from the car is not thick enough to support the current drain that the unit requires at high volume).  If the unit was fitted professionally by Halfords, then I would assume that the wiring is OK and up to the job, but I'd be inclined to go back where you had it fitted and ask them to check if your car battery is OK - your car is fifteen years old and if it's still the original battery, especially at this time of year when we often are using lights, heated rear windows etc etc, which all make higher demands on the battery then this might be the problem.

Hope this helps and you get it sorted.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drumzman
New

Hi alf892,

Usually the reason the sort of thing that you describe happens is that not enough power is being supplied by the car battery (or the power supply wire from the car is not thick enough to support the current drain that the unit requires at high volume).  If the unit was fitted professionally by Halfords, then I would assume that the wiring is OK and up to the job, but I'd be inclined to go back where you had it fitted and ask them to check if your car battery is OK - your car is fifteen years old and if it's still the original battery, especially at this time of year when we often are using lights, heated rear windows etc etc, which all make higher demands on the battery then this might be the problem.

Hope this helps and you get it sorted.