Join now - be part of our community!

Walkman NWZ-A865 with Media Go 2

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ihcook
Visitor

Walkman NWZ-A865 with Media Go 2

I have a very recent NWZ-A865 which is very good except for one thing. While it worked correctly with Media Go 1 after I installed the latest version of Media Go 2 it no longer works as well. You can only load new data using Windows Explorer so you don't get the cd cover graphics which are useful and it won't syncronise with the computer based Media Go LIBRARY which is a backward step. Does any one know why because Sony UK and Sony USA don't. I've tried it on both my computers with the same result so I feel others must have had the same problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pdbroad
Visitor

Hi guys, had exactly the same problem but think I have solved it. I believe the issue occures when Media Go is syncing with the walkman and is interrupted for some reason (I now make sure I eject the Walkman before disconnecting the USB). Media Go continues to try to sync but possible file corruption prevents it from doing so and from this point on Media Go is useless with the Walkman. The sync file number will not progress in the Walkman home screen. Reinstalls and updates failed to work.

My solution: delete all the media from the Walkman using Windows Explorer or the like. Then transfer your library back to the Walkman. No issues for me since but I will feed back the issue to Sony. Doesn't take a lot of time to transfer provided you've retained your library on your PC.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GPB..1
Visitor

I have just bought a NWZ A865 and installed Media Go (v2).  I don't have quite the same problem but the software does transfer the cd covers OK, so with my configuration it does seem to work as designed.

I haven't used it to automatically synchronize so can't comment on that.  I just highlight any new cd's added to the library and press the transfer button.

I have however got a different problem.  Having worked OK for a while, the software stopped mid way through transferring a CD and every time I connect the device it tries to transfer it again and won't do anything else.  I tried resetting the device (no different) and also uninstalling and re-loading Media Go but the problem remains.  I think it may be an obscure file somewhwere that is corrupt and is preventing a clean install.  If so, I wonder if an upgrade would also fail to install correctly?  I'm now waiting for Sony to respond.  Right now, I'm using Windows Media Player (v12).  This rips and stores CD's, provides synchronization and also stores and transfers cover art (if not displayed - right click album, 'Find Album Info' etc).

Also I can't get the Bluetooth function working properly in car.  Very difficult to get it to pair, and when it does it screws up any other paired devices.  Getting close to sending the whole lot back for a refund!

Message was edited by: GPB..1

Message was edited by: GPB..1

ihcook
Visitor

I don't think I can be much help but it would appear to that the Media Go software is only partly developed. I was told by Sony UK to contact Sony Creative Software (Customer Support)
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/support/contactus.asp

and they also gave me a phone number to call 0800 028 1475 (Freephone) but all you get is a recorded message telling you that they are very busy so either try later or go to the self help section. Wonderful.

I haven't had a reply from Sony Creative software yet and I've sent 2 messages which have both been acknowledged. Sony Creative media are in the USA so allow for time differences. I found the whole thing very strange because Sony UK tell you to contact Sony Creative Software as if they are a seperate company not division. It's as if the two sections don't talk to each other !

It is difficult to pair the bluetooth connections. I paired mine with a net book computer and got a series of false error messages, in the end I decided that it had paired so I transfered a ripped CD file from the computer to the Walkman and it worked !

At one time I felt like returning mine and if the sound hadn't been so good I would have. Ive been using mine mainly to listen to BBC podcasts and it sounds good for mp3.

Good Luck

ihcook
Visitor

I've had further thoughts on the Walkman. There are 2 ways to reset the device. When mine locked up I found I could get it going again by resetting using the pinhole on the back. In the instructions it warns you that it will also delete any Bluetooth pairings as it did with mine however it sorted out the lock-ups. But of course I had to pair the blurtooth devices again. I've decided that using a Bluetooth connection with a computer is a waste of time and should only be used if nothing else works. I transfered a selected tracks from a CD and it managed to get the tracks out of order and it's very slow. Of course you could try re-formating, I've not done that so I can't offer any advice.

BTW thanks for your advice, I've now managed to transfer audio files using Media Go.

pdbroad
Visitor

Hi guys, had exactly the same problem but think I have solved it. I believe the issue occures when Media Go is syncing with the walkman and is interrupted for some reason (I now make sure I eject the Walkman before disconnecting the USB). Media Go continues to try to sync but possible file corruption prevents it from doing so and from this point on Media Go is useless with the Walkman. The sync file number will not progress in the Walkman home screen. Reinstalls and updates failed to work.

My solution: delete all the media from the Walkman using Windows Explorer or the like. Then transfer your library back to the Walkman. No issues for me since but I will feed back the issue to Sony. Doesn't take a lot of time to transfer provided you've retained your library on your PC.

ihcook
Visitor

Thanks for the tip. I transferfiles from the computer using Windows Explorer but I still don't see the sync button that I used to do. It's possible to 'loose' files if you're not careful. I've found you need to drop them into the exact folder e.g. 'Podcasts' if you just drop them into storage then they disappear in the Walkman and don't show up on the player but are still there just need to be moved manually. The shame is all this happened automatically with Media Go 1, presumably by using the file suffix.

I now think the original cause was that my Walkman was connected when Media Go was up dated and a file has got corrupted. Still sounds good which is why I bought a player from a company with an audio track record in the first place.

I will try out your fix over the Weekend.

Thanks

Ian