Join now - be part of our community!

XAV-601BT unable to transfer phonebook from Samsung Galaxy S3

profile.country.en_GB.title
timbot1
Visitor

XAV-601BT unable to transfer phonebook from Samsung Galaxy S3

Hi, I have been trying in vain to get my Galaxy S3 contact list to transfer to my XAV-601BT.  The help line wasn't any help as they referred to the manual which again was no help.  Any one had any experiences of this, also does it apply to other android phones?  Thanks.    First post on here so be kind :slight_smile:

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi timbot1,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

have you tried updating your XAV-601BT firmware as it states that it improves Compatibility with Samsung Galaxy S® III smartphone using MirrorLink™ technology..

Click the following link for further information & instructions on how to install the firmware update - Firmware update for XAV-601BT

profile.country.en_GB.title
DSG4ME
Visitor

This one had me for a while, you have to send them from your phone by using Bluetooth, iirc the process on my Z was save contacts then send the file it creates via Bluetooth to the HU.

To transfer all  contacts from Samsung Galaxy, you can use Gmail. Import your contacts on Samsung to your computer first and then log in your Gamil account on the computer. Import the files to the account. Sign in the same ID on another device, and download the information to the device. If you want to transfer phonebook from Samsung Galaxy S3, maybe Phone Transfer can be helpful.

profile.country.DE.title
hlenartz

Open contacts at your phone. Mark all and go to export with bluetooth.

At the 601 you must open the import phonebook option