Who Me Too'd this topic

New VAIO doing my head in

Yesterday I bought a new VAIO FIT 15 laptop for my daughter to start college.  Having spent this morning trying to get it sorted I am now wondering if I bought the right computer.

First off - I want to create the restore media - Well windows 8 is new to me so I'm trying to get used to that 😞 but I find my way around it to VAIO Care.  I follow the intructions to create the restore discs and it fails saying VAIO Care Recovery needs to be installed.  No prob with that, though surprised it isn't pre-installed.  The system looks for updates and I select update "Unable to update - try again later"  keep trying but no luck.

So I then try to contact SONY.

I find a number - have you noticed how difficult they make it for you to actually talk to someone - but they want to charge me 35p per minute to fix a problem with a brand new computer.  I find a way around that 🙂 and talk to a helpful young man for about ten minutes.

The suggestion is to uninstall VAIO Care and reinstall it - and he will email me with the link t the download.  So I've now uninstalled VAIO Care, no email and I'm unable to fin aversion of VAIO care to install.

All this to make recovery dsks that shoudl take a couple of minutes.

I do wish the senior management would try their own products - using the help facilities available to Jo Public once in a while.

---

Edited by Drew - Profanity removed.

Who Me Too'd this topic