Who Me Too'd this topic

NWZ-W273 waterproof walkman

Hi, My NWZ-W273 waterproof walkman wont work. I have contacted Sony Support who told me to download current software, which I had already told them I had done and to reset the device, which again I had done numerous times, and told them I have. I have now been told "that the product that you have referred to is what Sony describe as an 'IWX' product. This term describes a product that is not economic to repair if it fails, and is therefore classified as an 'in warranty exchange' item during the one year guarantee period. In the event that an IWX product fails during the guarantee, it must be returned to the supplying retailer for examination/exchange."

The item has a Sony EU guarantee card with it and under the UK Sales of Goods act and EU legislation are not Sony responsible for this repair/replacement.

The problem is the red OPR light only stays on briefly, suggesting that the battery is charged, but when the Walkman is switched on the green OPR light blinks 14 or 15 times, I can hear a faint echoing sound in the headphones, then the green OPR goes out and nothing.

Thanks,

Mal

Who Me Too'd this topic