Who Me Too'd this topic

letonge53
Explorer

Sony X850C 4K - Do NOT Purchase

Firstly, I'm disgusted at Sony.  Purchased the above TV when it was first released a few months back.  After originally buying due to their promise of "YouView", "USB Recordings" and more, I quickly realised, these weren't going to materialise any time soon.

However, over the past few days, I've been trying to play around with the TV more and NOTHING works as it should.

1) I insert a USB drive to try and view videos via Kodi.  Say's USB detected but doesn't pick up any files

2) Using freeview / freesat for TV (rather than a PVR); the picture looks fine, but the sound cuts out intermittently at random points.  

3) Using Plex to watch films via home network has extremely poor performance.  I previously used Plex via XBOX One and it worked flawlessly each time.  Via the TV Plex App, it's jerky and stuttering constantly - again, unusable!

4) The list could go on (apps crashing, the TV needing constant restarts etc).

I paid around £1500 for this a few months back...it's now for sale at Currys for £1000!  I'm sick of this TV.  One of the worst purchases (and largest) I've ever made and I wish I had gone with a different make!

Does anyone here have similar experiences of this TV?

I'm also reporting Sony to Trading Standards for misselling a product with claims that haven't been met and have contacted BBC's Watchdog who have shown interest in my story.

Who Me Too'd this topic