Who Me Too'd this topic

Solway
Explorer

Why are old model not updated to use Google Apps, instead of SEN?

I brought a Sony Bravia KDL-42W809A back in 2013/14(?). Thinking the smart tv would have loads of feature apps added to sony entertainment network (SEN), aka the likes of 4oD and ITV player etc. Yet looking through the crap on SEN its full of useless apps with no way to install more. Only good ones are youtube and netflix.

After seeing the annoncement of sony adding Google Play apps to the new TVs of 2015 instead of SEN.

Why is Sony not replacing the SEN on older models with google play??? Most of the recent year old models are still capable of this!

It seems to me that all Sony want is for comsumers that have paid out £££'s for a smart tv to be left with crap content apps a year of so later, with no upgrades, with no option to add more apps too. Where is the 4oD and ITV player etc that was promised when i brought my model?

If anything update SEN with some good ondemand apps or youview. or even chromecast app! so we can use google play...

Replacing SEN with google play on all models seems like a smart move to prevent fragmation of the systems. Yes i know there are few hardware limitations compared to 2015 models, but i bet its easier maintaining a single google apps service then multiple SENs!

FYI, i paid out big £ for sonys bravia, because of the screen quality/colours and promise of more on demand apps. Now it seems to me that i could buy a non smart tv and add chromecast for £30! and it'll beat this Bravia by miles on content.

Tags (1)
Who Me Too'd this topic