Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
bbbullock
Explorer

KD-55XD9305 intermittent slow response to remote

Hi,

I have a Sony KD-55XD9305 Android TV and until a few weeks ago it was working absolutely fine. However, recently I have had an intermittent issue with it taking some time to respond to commands from the remote control. The problem seemed to generally manifest after the TV was first switched on or after a period of "inactivity" e.g. after having watched something on iplayer or Netflix for 30+ mins.

I tested the IR by looking at the IR output using a digital camera and also tested the batteries, both tests were fine. The software was also up to date. I therefore contacted Sony and they were apparently not aware of any similar issues so they arranged an engineer visit. However, before the engineer visit I read another blog on the Sony Community where someone with a similar issue on a different model ended up chaging the remote batteries (despite them testing fine) and this solved his problem. I therefore tried the same thing and it seems to have solved my issue as well. So it seems that these remotes can be quite sensitive to even slightly drained batteries.

Just in case anyone else is having a similar issue. Worth trying for the cost of two AAA batterties to save your TV being taken for repair unnecessarily!

Who Me Too'd this topic