Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

KD-65XD9305 Power issue - New Thread to document how the Sony Support Process goes.

Case logged with Sony on Monday 13th November 2017

12:30pm

Sony case id = 16309278

Location = Leeds UK

***** The purpose of this Sony board message is to document how Sony handle my new case logged with regards my 65" Sony Bravia developing the "no power" fault ****

Hi all,

my Sony Bravia KD-65XD9305 died at some point during last week. I work away, so the last time I saw it powered on was on Sunday 5th November. I came home on Thur and tried to power on the Tv on Saturday (to plugin my new XBOX One X). And I was greeted with what looks like a common fault in this 2016 model Sony Bravia (55" and 65").

I first of all thought it was a remote control battery issue, and then eventually found the numerous tales of woe on this Sony community site..

I hoped it was more a "loose connection" issue, so got to the back of the TV, checked all connections were secure (which they were), and then tried another plug socket (no change). Tried removing power for 10 minutes etc all to no avail.

To say I'm unhappy with this TV would be an understatement.. this is the 2nd issue in less than a year (date of purchase Nov 25th). The date of manufactur on the serial number sticker states 2016/10.

I've just logged a support ticket with Sony, and I'm told I will be called in the next 4 hours.

I will keep this message updated and documented with how everything happens.

My first point of contact with Sony was a politely answered call by a guy who basically just logged the ticket and advised me to expect a call back in 4 hours.. the call was made at 11:45am on Monday the 13th November..

So I should expect a call back before 3:45pm.

I'll let you know if this happens.

My real hope is that I get this model of TV replaced. It clearly is not fit for purpose and to say I regret spending the £2300 on it would be a large understatement.

I wouldnt recommend Sony TV's to anyone right now..  which is a shame.

Paul.

Who Me Too'd this topic