Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
TremoloArm
Explorer

AF8 - any fix for the annoying auto dimming?

Whilst I enjoy the TV for movies Netflix / Prime and general viewing - news, iPlayer, etc, I am getting increasingly frustrated with the auto-dim feature when watching sports and when playing games (with a static content). 

Granted, this is to protect against image retention, there must be a way to manually choose to run that risk or not (I hear Sony wouln't honour warranty for image reteintion anyway, so surely users shoudl be allowed to run the risk).

The brightness of this model is low to begin with (indeed the PQ only looks good when set at max brightness and high luminance), but the auto dimming is a show stopper for me. The issue is that it darkens considerably when watching football specifically. I've tried every possible setting in the luminance menu and in the Eco settings menu. I've had a third party authoirsed Sony engineer round. Nothing helps - the auto-dim inevitably kicks in 2-3 minutes into a programme showing static content. When I change channel and come back to the original channel - bang - there it is back to its glorious brightness. It's almost like the TV is teasing.

Any news on a fix or a workaround? Thanks

Who Me Too'd this topic