Join now - be part of our community!

10.5.A.0.230 - Laggy & horrible!

SOLVED
chinny
Visitor

10.5.A.0.230 - Laggy & horrible!

Sony,

I know you've not said that the Xperia Tablet Z will be getting Android L, you haven't said that it will be either. But something has to be done about this totally horrific experience. Since installing 10.5.A.0.230, it is like I've just gone out and bought a £50 Android tablet with cheap, slow components. It is absolutely terrible, up until now I wasn't going to flash Cyanogen etc., but it is so shocking, I think it's going to be the only way to have it performing nicely.
AAre you going to do anything about this? Do you test the software you build prior to release? I've Googled this, and I'm not the only person reporting this, in fact I'm probably the only one that's not utterly stunned by the poor performance.
The experience of Sony since having this has been pretty poor. Slow on the updates, poor bug fixes (or none at all - everyone still has the screen flicker!).
Anyone else want to add their views on the total Sony experience of late or any performance problems with the Tablet Z? I'd be interested on hearing it.
Cheers, Andrew.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tiptie
Visitor

It can be done but this is not the proper forum.  XDA forums talk about it, but the tablet needs to be rooted which is not that big a problem as it was years ago.  But, if one does not know their way around a fully rooted system, a "bricked" tablet is always a possibility. 

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
MikeViller
Visitor

I have to agreed the tab is terrible to use.... even when clicking a icon there is a delay between the touch and the icon animation .... need upgrade and fast please......

Neelly1
Visitor

I am with you guys on this it is really awful slow and very laggy, is there some way to roll this back to something that actually works?

chinny
Visitor

I've just disabled HW Overlay to get rid of the horrible screen flicker, and strangely this seems to have had a really positive impact on the performance...much smoother, faster,could still be better - still have laggy moments, but a definite improvement.

This is basic stuff Sony...

MikeViller
Visitor

yes and I also Force GPU rendering help scrolling down and up.... noticeable with the settings menu....

chinny
Visitor

Cheers for the tip Mike, I'll give that a whirl when I get home...
tiptie
Visitor

While these fixes do work,  just remember that they are not permanent.   If you shut your tablet down all of these developers options will revert back to their default.  Unfortunately….

chinny
Visitor

For real? Seems a daft seeing as a 'developer' would be rebooting relatively frequently between mods to test out changes etc, is that the same across all versions of the Android OS? That strikes me as crazy.
tiptie
Visitor

Don't worry,  most stay stuck. The HW Overlay fix that stops the screen flashing defaults back.  And that is the key fix......dang.

chinny
Visitor

Thanks for the heads up Tiptie, after you said that I tried it out on my HTC One M8, and sure as **bleep** it reverted to default. Shame it doesn't do this with "high performance cpu" as I was stuck for months trying to remember what I'd done to prevent power saving on the HTC Slightly_smiling_Face