Join now - be part of our community!

alarm klock malfunction

SOLVED
hahlin
Visitor

alarm klock malfunction

Hi
I have a annoying problem with the alarm funktion. After i set the alarm tog go off in the morning and put it in the recharging dock at night it indeed goes off in the morning but without a turnoff option, trying the alarm at other times during the day it seems tog works just fine. I have been forced to turn of the tablet completly three mornings in a row now and haven't fond a way to fix it.
Help would be appreciated.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alexander1
Champion

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I would suggest that you first of all try to clear data for clock under settings > apps > all > clock > clear data. 

Restart the tablet and try to set the alarm again and see if it works better. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Alexander1
Champion

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I would suggest that you first of all try to clear data for clock under settings > apps > all > clock > clear data. 

Restart the tablet and try to set the alarm again and see if it works better. 

sanctum
Visitor

I have this problem with my z2 aswell. The only solution I have found is to open the recent apps screen and "close all". This is the only thing short of resetting the whole phone that turns it off for me!
Alexander1
Champion

Strange. Have you tried to clear data for clock as suggestion above?

I would suggest that you try to boot your phone into safe mode to see if the problem may be related to any 3rd party app that you have installed in your phone:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

Z3PO
Visitor

Yes, this is a kind of design fault, in my fumbling this morning after my alarm went off, I managed to remove the alarm snooze and finish screen (don't know what I pressed), I picked up the phone and went for the symbol in notifications, pressed on that and got nothing, went into alarms and turned these off no good - alarm still going off, wife had a go, son had a go, milkman had a go, no one could turn it off! In the end I had to shut the phone downvthen it stopped - it was super effective as everyone in the house had to get up - oh yes forgot, I couldn't turn the volume on the alarm down, thanks