Join now - be part of our community!

Do i have to put a tempered glass on my xperia Z3TC ???

XDᗡX
Visitor

Do i have to put a tempered glass on my xperia Z3TC ???

I would love to put a tempered glass on my tablet if only  it were available  in my region sobsobsob  (i live in a landlocked country so finding sony accessories is almost impossible n i could buy it on amazon through third parties but would have to pay extra 45 dollar for item lesss than 1kg plus tax so overall i have to pay 55-60 us dollar for an 5-7 dollar item n i think its not worth it for an 350 dollar tablet). so i googled n found sony uses Dragon Trail glass for xperia phone n should be for it tablets also (i guess). so my question is this so called Dragon Trail glass how it compares to corning gorilla glass 3/4 ??? Do i have to worry abut my tablet being easly cracked or scratch from real world usage ??? 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@XDᗡX

after all it's glass, you should apply a protective film or glass to prevent scratches. 

XDᗡX
Visitor

Hi uliwooly you are evading my question the reason i am asking this is coz i couldnt find a tampered glass (the closest one that fit z3tc was samsung galaxy s8.4 n tab 4 8 inch which have cut for there home button n earpiece whcih look ugly on such a gorgeous device). N spending 5800 NPR (around 55 us dollar) for an 700 NPR item is quite expensive plus i have to wait nearly a whole month (for a population that earn 300-1000 Npr per day n spending my 7-8 days hard earn cash on a sheet of glass i am unwilling to pay). So i want some reassurance on the durability of the glass used my sony n how it compares to gorilla glass 3 or 4 ......

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

Yes you should , even gorilla glass cracks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpsyGweP5so

Keep your Xperia™ safe at all times! The best way to avoid the risk of your device getting scratches and cracks is to use a protective cover together with a screen protection film. http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz5compact/dm/take-care-of-device/

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@XDᗡX

Your last post was deleted due to violating the forum guidelines. 

At the end of the day it's your device and you have to decide if you want to take extra precautions to protect it or not.