Join now - be part of our community!

error when updating the firmware

SOLVED
MikeViller
Visitor

error when updating the firmware

I get this error after trying to install the new firmware ????????

this after the process of closing the tablet........

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeViller
Visitor

Hurray i'm down to the 3.update process.   

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sman7215
Visitor

PC Companion installed on my Win 7 machine detected the Xperia Z Tablet (312) asked if I wanted to update and started through the process.

I have tried it a number of different ways and always with the same result.

The update gets downloaded, the process starts and PC Companion says basically...  "Your tablet will be shut down during the update, don't touch it!"

The tablet shuts off, I hear the USB disconnect tone on my PC.  PC Companion continues for about 30 seconds and then displays this message.

"There is no software available for your phone"

It's sort of amusing that the same software that just informed me of an update and downloaded it is now telling me there is no update available!!!

I have changed USB ports, done a FULL reset of the Xperia Z including wiping all data.  It's absolutely wiped clean and booting 4.4.2.

Common Sony... did you test this process first?  I did searching on the forums and apparently this very same problem has been common on some of the Xperia's in the past.

This should be the simple part.

Sman7215
Visitor

Well... I have no idea why, but after trying a few more USB ports the update MYSTERIOUSLY worked. Oddly, the port that worked complained that "this device will work faster on a USB 2.0 port".  The port and device are USB 2.0 ports.

I didn't change anything else.

So... I guess now I'll see if 4.4.4 really fixes a few things and smooths out what 4.4.2 did.

Tags (1)
MikeViller
Visitor

Hurray i'm down to the 3.update process.