Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI Adapter for Xperia Z2 tablet

SilverMerlin

HDMI Adapter for Xperia Z2 tablet

I am the proud owner of an xperia z2 tablet :smileyhappy:. I love the tablet it is an amazing machine and very powerful. I want to buy an hdmi adapter for tablet to allow my to connect to the TV and projectors (miracast is a bit slow for gaming). I have the following questions I can't seem to find clear answers to on the web in general. The adapter I am interested in is the Sony IM750 but this does not seem to be officially supported for the z2 tablet.

• will the adapter charge the Z2 tablet while I am using it. 
  • If it does'nt charge the tablet up fully will it at least stop the battery from draining during use.
  • If I used the Sony charging cradle DK39 will this charge the tablet while using the adapter (I understand that the adapter itself will still need power from a seperate source)

Has anyone used the tablet with the Sony IM750 or other MHL adapter and how did it work? 

3 REPLIES 3
kaki2046
New

Hi SilverMerlin !

I just bought the IM750 for my Xperia Z2 tablet, but it's not working properly. The HDMI is good, the frame's delivery is great, nothing to say about that part. But the tablet is not able to charge ; it tells me that "it needs more power as the battery is empyting faster than it is charging". 

It must come from the power delivered by the IM750, too low (it supposed to work on a smartphone, but certainly not a tablet). I'm going to ask Sony about it, and then i might send it back to the seller... and wait for another solution, soon i hope.

So if you don't mind having to disconnect the IM750 each time to put the power cable back (and not being able to use the true MHL thing), don't buy it ! :slight_smile:

To answer your questions, it doesn't charge the tablet up fully and it will still be draining quickly, depending on what kind of task you're on to, but almost everything drains the battery faster than it is charging.

If you use the magnetic lock (DK39) it might helps you, but well MHL is supposed to be "autonomous" (charge + using HDMI) so i prefer to wait for a proper thing, better than buying TWO adapters.

Hope my case will help you :slight_smile:

Maolin now sell an adaptor £18:00 works great on my xperia Z2

profile.country.en_GB.title
shdabin48

who and where are Maolin?

Amazon sell MHL adaptor but its discontinued by sony....so its worrying....does micro USB work to HDMI?

and also my tablet z battery drain is the issue even on charge...

skidpro