Join now - be part of our community!

New Feature Request - Quick Unlock

SOLVED
adc49
Visitor

New Feature Request - Quick Unlock

I am hoping someone who has any influence in Sony's UI team will see this.

I am interested in a new function whereby a user can enter the unlock code in the unlock screen and if it is the correct PIN, the screen will automatically unlock. Currently, you still have to tap the "Enter" button in order to complete the unlock process, which is very tedious. My wife specifically complained about this with her Z2 Tablet that we recently purchased, however I think it will be a usefull feature on all devices, especially since we are both looking at purchasing the new Z3 phones.

Any help in getting this into an upcoming update would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thommo
Genius

This is a user led support forum however what I can do is message the team to take a look at your post and then they will be able to escalate this to the correct team - So if you don't receive a reply from a Sony staff member please be reassured that they will have read your post - But note as it's the weekend they won't read your post until Monday 29th

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Thommo
Genius

This is a user led support forum however what I can do is message the team to take a look at your post and then they will be able to escalate this to the correct team - So if you don't receive a reply from a Sony staff member please be reassured that they will have read your post - But note as it's the weekend they won't read your post until Monday 29th

adc49
Visitor

I was hoping someone here would be able to help me get this to the attention of the developers. Thank you for getting this in front of the correct team. For future reference, is there a better way to send Sony feedback on the software their devices run?

dmitryperets
Visitor

Hi,

I would also like to know if there is any official way to submit UI requests to Sony. 

I feel that Sony UI was almost perfect in 4.1-4.2-based versions, but since then there were several degradations. And also I miss some small and easily-implementable things. So I wonder if there is a way to submit such suggestions...

Thanks.