Join now - be part of our community!

Screen Stays Active....

SOLVED
darkcyde
Visitor

Screen Stays Active....

Hi....I'm guessing this is a feature, but when I switch my tablet off but not close the case after a few minutes the screen reactivate but only to show some very dim icons, such as battery level and notification icons.  But in a dark room, the back light shines quite brightly.

If I press the power button, the screen goes off again only to come back on in it's "standby mode" again.

Does anyone know how to disable this feature if possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
darkcyde
Visitor

Figured it out....it was an app I installed called Light Manager which I was trying to use to dim the LED which is so bright whilst watching video it was distracting.

I uninstalled it and it stopped, reinstalled and it came back....had something to do with giving the app notification access that it kept the screen alive!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Phy
Legend
Legend

Does this happen while the tablet it's charging or all the time?
darkcyde
Visitor

All the time regardless of being on charge or not.

I have a case for it with a flippy front, and if I close it so the screen is covered it goes off completely, but prop it up and it goes into this standby mode..... I don't know what else to call it.

Screensaver perhaps, as the email notification icon jumps around every so often, but the battery, home and back icons are stationary.
darkcyde
Visitor

But before you ask, Daydream mode is off
darkcyde
Visitor

Figured it out....it was an app I installed called Light Manager which I was trying to use to dim the LED which is so bright whilst watching video it was distracting.

I uninstalled it and it stopped, reinstalled and it came back....had something to do with giving the app notification access that it kept the screen alive!
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

darkcyde
Visitor

No, I've got a third party cover
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@darkcyde

That's rather odd, boot on safe mode and check again. 

darkcyde
Visitor

Do u realise that I've already posted that I've solved the problem myself? 😉
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@darkcyde

Just did Face_with_stuck-out_Tongue