Join now - be part of our community!

Screen tearing/glitches and loss of vibration

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
carl777
Explorer

Screen tearing/glitches and loss of vibration

Hello, my Z3 Tablet Compact has started to screen tear and glitch for about 5 minutes after start up. Also,, my vibration has stopped unless I do the accelerometer test and it comes back briefly. I have tried a complete system restore, not transferring apps to SD, and a complete repair via pc companion.,and safe mode. Problems persist. Issues started on the installation of the firmware before last. The screen tearing manifests on swiping through app draw and scrolling within an app such as eg Google now. The screen tearing is also manifesting on my Z2 phone and Z2 tablet but is affecting my Z3 Tablet Compact the worst. I need and rely on the vibration feedback as I have poor eye sight. Please look into this. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

You should return them or Contact your local Xperia care

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Settings, about phone, diagnostics, test the phone
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Could you boot on safe mode and see if you experience the same issues?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008
profile.country.GB.title
carl777
Explorer

Hello, thanks for your reply. Yes the issues of screen tearing and glitches and loss of vibration still occur thus ruling out an errant app. That and the fact that this issue is also happening on my Z2 phone (tearing) I have done all the steps I can think of. Safe mode, factory reset, pc companion repair... I really need help to know is this a firmware issue or should I be returning to the store as I have a 2 year guarantee. Thanks uliwooly for the response.
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Could you describe a bit more the screen issue?
profile.country.GB.title
carl777
Explorer

Sure, it is most noticeabley severe for the first 5 or so minutes after powering on. It is most noticeable in the the lower left hand quarter of the screen. It occurs both in the app drawer and in app. The effect is of a glitching torn flashing screen. I believe the correct term is screen tear. It is literally like the screen image is broken glitchy and tearing. This is occurring most notably on my Z3 TC but also on my Z2s.. I'm also concerned about my loss of vibration Z3. Thank you for your reply.
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

You should return them or Contact your local Xperia care

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/
profile.country.GB.title
carl777
Explorer

Thanks for the help, I returned it to the store and it has been sent off to repair. Feel a bit lost without my Z3, hope the Sony guys can fix it. Slightly_smiling_Face
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Fredalik

Keep us updated. 

profile.country.GB.title
carl777
Explorer

I received my repaired Z3TC back from the repair centre and all seems good. Thank you for your time and advice Slightly_smiling_Face