Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet Z

ilija69
New

Tablet Z

When are we going to get the android 4.2 in our new tablets?

Please update the sony homepage!

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
AnnoyedWithSonyUK

Don't hold your breath. Tablet S owners were promised for Feb, but then nothing. Xperia S got something after Feb but it has LOTS of faults. Expect Sony to stop supporting the Z in the very near future because that is what they have done with all the tablets up to this point.

Bad move buying a Sony tablet I am afraid.

warsklar

Not quite

😞

Please don't say that.... I've just shelled out 400 quid on a Xperia Z tablet, which I love. But really disappointed that with a premium tab with a premium price, am having to use an older version of the software. Really disappointed.
DaMikki
Explorer

Android 4.2.2 is out and has been for some time now.  If you want to check what version you are running just go into Settings -> About tablet.  If it's running the lastest version released by Sony it will say Android Version 4.2.2. If it's not running that version press software update at the top of the screen and select the System tab and click the refresh button on the top right.  That should download the latest update. 

If you are waiting for Android 4.3 or 4.4 Kit Kat I have no idea when Sony will release that.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Sure the Sony Mobile Guys can provide a more detailed answer but there is this...

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/sony-teases-xperia-android-4-4-kitkat-annou...

desmondo5
New

i own a sony z tablet model sgp311 version 4.4.2. builb10.5.A.0.230 can you tell me where i can either d/load from internet or purchase guide on how to use/explain all the different sections ?ie how to download books etc from laptop.

regards des watts

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi desmondo5 and welcome to the Community.

The User Guide is available in pdf Here

or have a look at This page :slight_smile: