Join now - be part of our community!

Terrible battery life stats make no sense

SOLVED
Scalextrix
Visitor

Terrible battery life stats make no sense

Bought my girlfriend the Z4 wifi and shecis pretty disappointed, she used the devide for 50mins this morning and the battery went from 100% to 82%. The Z4 reports 32% screen, 9% the app she was using, 3% Android. That = 52%. Whats using the other 48%?
Approx 5 hour use time is unacceptable.
21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

I am sorry, I mentioned of one my buddies from the forum to see if he has anything to say. I am not sure why only 65% is shown as screen + game and the rest is not there. But it is 65% from the 16% that has been drained from overall battery.

alexdon
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@alexdon

That's rather interesting. is that on the main account? what if you restart the phone? 

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Thanks man, I also thought about restarting but not sure if that will help.

alexdon
Scalextrix
Visitor

No need to apologise I just wanted to make sure I was understanding, thanks for the support so far.  I tried reztarting a few times to close all aps.

As far as I know there is only onee use account, how do I check please?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Scalextrix

there are multiple ways to do so but 

settings > storage > it will tell you if you have other accounts

or 

settings > accounts 

Scalextrix
Visitor

I just see one Google account, nothing else. Latest power usage is screen 51% Cooking Fever 8% and Android 3%, so thats ony 62%...Hmmm there is a guest account, assume thats standard?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Scalextrix

That's indeed standard, have you disabled any app or service?

settings > apps > all > scroll to the bottom

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

I don't think you'll ever see 100% apps that drain, just checked on a Z5 compact that is kept on airplane mode and it only has apps that drained 98% from the total of 70% that has been drained. And on a Z5 only 90%, same as above but used as a normal device.

alexdon
Scalextrix
Visitor

I uninstalled some apps and disabled some but it had no effect on the power drain. So basically we seem to be saying despite all the 17 hour battery life usage claims, with the screen on 30% brightness real world usage is about 4 to 5 hours. Thats just not acceptable in todays world. My girlfriends 5 year old ipad is way better.
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Scalextrix Can you try something please? Download this app which seems to be recording accurately what has been draining the battery.

Problem is with android that you can't really see everything that has been draining with the stats available in settings, not a sony problem:

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=80131

alexdon