Join now - be part of our community!

Transfer Z2 Extended Warranty

thevchip
Explorer

Transfer Z2 Extended Warranty

Hello all,

I am looking for some help in regard to the Z2 3yr extended warranty that was offered for £0.01 upon pre-order of the tablet.

Unfortunately my original tablet was stolen recently and I have purchased a new, identical, Z2 10" to replace it. I was wondering if anyone knew whether it was possible to transfer the existing extended warranty to the new tablet or whether this is now effectively lost. I have tried called the number on the warranty document but that is no help at all (0844 8466 555) and upon emailing Sony I was told they don't offer an extended warranty and I should contact the provider.

I feel I am going round in circles here and I feel Sony have been very unhelpful. It is frustrating as I don't want to walk away from the brand given my TV, playstation, phone and tablet are all Sony and I am strongly considering replacing my laptop with a Sony too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adrian

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi thevchip and welcome to the Community. :slight_smile:

Sadly warranties aren't usually transferrable between items (with many companies) I bought an electrical item from another retailer with a 3 year warranty and when it broke they replaced it but told me that I would have to buy another extended warranty as the original one was non transferable.

I know its frustrating.

Do you have a police crime number etc?