Join now - be part of our community!

Update Process Interrupted

SOLVED
Altaafr
Visitor

Update Process Interrupted

I have a Xperia Z tablet.

I was updating it today and the update process was interrupted. Now it shows me the Sony screen and switches off. What can I do? Please help its urgent and i have half a semesters worth of university work on there:smileycry:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hampus
Champion

Hold down the ON/OFF button + volume up for 10 seconds and your Tablet Z should power OFF. Do this without having the device connected to a power source.

When your device is OFF, download and install Update Service to your PC and then perform a software repair:
www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Hampus
Champion

Hold down the ON/OFF button + volume up for 10 seconds and your Tablet Z should power OFF. Do this without having the device connected to a power source.

When your device is OFF, download and install Update Service to your PC and then perform a software repair:
www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

Altaafr
Visitor

It's downloading now. Will this method retain or delete all the data i have saved on it?

Hampus
Champion

Unfortunately this will delete your data. Since you cannot power up your device correctly you are unable to backup your personal data.

Altaafr
Visitor

I did what you told me to. My Xperia is now working perfectly and theres an option to keep my personal data which worked perfectly.

Thank you so much for your assistance!

Hampus
Champion

You are welcome, glad to hear that it solved your problem!

scanax
Visitor

While i was trying to update my xperia Z to the latest version there was an interruption. i have done the above suggested solution you gave but still no head way. When i do it, the sony icon will come up then a message notifying me of update failure and that i connect the phone to the system and try again