Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia keyboard: no sound on keypress

SOLVED
profile.country.FR.title
cool_raoul

Xperia keyboard: no sound on keypress

Hello,

Just received a  brand new Z3TC, immediately updated to latest firmware 

I've a small problem with the builtin software keyboard: I'm unable to activate keypress sounds.

In keyboard settings, "sound and vibration" -> "sound on keypress" is toggled, "sound volume" slider is at 100%

But I'm getting no sound at all

I don't understand where is my mistake.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.FR.title
cool_raoul

Found how this works.

My device is in "do not disturb mode" (I do not want notifications on the tablet since I use my phone for them).

In that configuration, providing "allow exceptions" is ticked, "touch sounds" stay enabled.

Silent Mode

I thought logical it were the same for the keyboard "clics" that for UI "touch sounds" but it's not. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

What if you also go to settings - sound and notifications - other sounds and enable touch sounds? You need to make sure vibration mode is not enabled.

alexdon
profile.country.FR.title
cool_raoul

@alexdon wrote:

What if you also go to settings - sound and notifications - other sounds and enable touch sounds? You need to make sure vibration mode is not enabled.

(Guess you didn't tried this)

On my device touch sounds are already enabled, vibration is disabled in global android settings *and* in keyboard settings.

Touch sounds can be heard in every parts of the UI *except* for the keyboard.

Tags (3)
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

I do not have the Z3 tablet anymore to check but it worked when I had it. Can you try to clear data for the keyboard and set it up again? Make sure to backup your words because they will be gone.

alexdon
profile.country.FR.title
cool_raoul

"I do not have the Z3 tablet anymore to check but it worked when I had it."

Possibly that you didn't used the firmware currently available at that time?

"Can you try to clear data for the keyboard and set it up again?

Did it, no change (note: the tablet is brand new, just initialized yesterday). I would be interested to have feedback of people effectively using that device at the moment

BTW: the Xperia keyboard doesn't have that issue on my Wife's "Xperia Z" phone (just tested)

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Ok then, wait for some feedback from others and if they have the same issue we will forward this.

alexdon
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@CoolRaoul

That's rather odd, if you don't mind you could repair the device with PCC, even if you just did that, and then report back

software repair

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

profile.country.FR.title
cool_raoul

@uliwooly wrote:

@CoolRaoul

That's rather odd, if you don't mind you could repair the device with PCC, even if you just did that, and then report back

I'm surprised to have to do a software repair on a brand new device.

And before doing this, I would like to be sure that the issue is not general (bug in latest keyboard app and/or device firmware)

Do you personnaly own a Z3TC device on which keyboard sounds are working for this app?

profile.country.FR.title
cool_raoul

Found how this works.

My device is in "do not disturb mode" (I do not want notifications on the tablet since I use my phone for them).

In that configuration, providing "allow exceptions" is ticked, "touch sounds" stay enabled.

Silent Mode

I thought logical it were the same for the keyboard "clics" that for UI "touch sounds" but it's not. 

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Well, that's good you figured it out. I did ask you about vibration mode there, but I don't think you replied about that and I didn't go on with the sound schemes.

alexdon