Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z2 software repair problem

SOLVED
Megamacca
Visitor

Xperia Z2 software repair problem

Hi, my Xperia Z2 tablet turned itself off last weekend and won't turn back on again. I followed the recommended troubleshooting steps but still no joy, so I tried to do a software repair using Sony PC Companion. I needed to update the PC Companion software on my computer and downloaded the update OK, but when I tried to install it I got an error message (error 0x80070067). The troubleshooting said to click a link to install Sony Update Engine manually.

I did this and successfully downloaded Sony Mobile Update exe and then got as far as accepting the licence agreement and destination location, but then got another error message saying "Access control error (inherit): Invalid filesystem path missing". 

I tried several times but couldn't get past that point.  I even tried completely uninstalling Sony PC Companion off my computer and starting from scratch but the same thing happened.

I e-mailed Sony on Monday asking for help with this but they haven't replied Slightly_frowning_Face

Any ideas what to do next?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Megamacca

uninstall anything Sony related on your computer > restart your computer > reinstall PCC > disable any firewall and antivirus > make sure that you have the latest JAVA > restart the computer > the firewall and antivirus should be off > run PCC 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Megamacca

uninstall anything Sony related on your computer > restart your computer > reinstall PCC > disable any firewall and antivirus > make sure that you have the latest JAVA > restart the computer > the firewall and antivirus should be off > run PCC 

Megamacca
Visitor

Thanks for your reply. I tried all that but it still didn't work (same error messages) so I tried doing it on a different computer. That got round the error message problem but sadly the tablet was still completely unresponsive. 

A short phone call to Amazon produced a refund and I'm going to fork out a little more cash to upgrade to the Z4.

I sure hope this one lasts longer than 11 months!

Thanks for your help.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Megamacca

keep us updated

Megamacca
Visitor

Thank you!  So far so good.....

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert