Join now - be part of our community!

Youtube stops after five or six videos

SOLVED
vosg
Visitor

Youtube stops after five or six videos

After the update to lollipop, my YouTube app stops working and pops up "an error has occurred while playing, click to retry". There's no way to get it working again, only a reboot will work, but then after a few videos, the problem is back.

I've done a factory reset and tried without installing any 3rd party apps, same thing.

Anybody experienced the same thing?
Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vosg
Visitor

Yes. Open your play store, settings,  disable auto updates and uninstall YouTube updates. This should get you back to version 6.0.13 

Next, reboot your tablet. Your problem should be solved. 

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Do you have any antivirus or taskillers? 

Install speedtest and check your data or wifi

Phy
Legend
Legend

Try Clearing the YouTube data.

How to clear data on apps.
From your Home screen

1. Tap the Application screen icon.
2. Find and tap Settings > Apps.
3. Swipe to the All tab.
4. Find and tap on the YouTube app.
5. Tap Force stop > Clear data.
6. Restart the phone

Phy
Legend
Legend

Does the same thing happened while on safe mode

How to boot on safe mode.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008
vosg
Visitor

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

I don't have any task killers installed, I know they do more harm than good. My WiFi connection is fine, I get 10 mbps easy, and I also have no problems watching YouTube in Google Chrome. As I said, after a factory reset I only updated the YouTube app and installed NO other software whatsoever. After another factory reset it also happened without updating the YouTube app..

My Android version is 5.0.2 and I have the 16 GB WiFi only version of the Z3 compact tablet. 

Could this be due to the memory leak bug in early lollipop versions that everybody is talking about? 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Follow @Phy 's advice and boot on safe mode, and try again. 

vosg
Visitor

Thank you for your reply,  I cleared data and cache to no avail. 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

could you test with a different router?

vosg
Visitor

Here's what I found so far:

1. I don't think it's a network problem as Gmail and Chrome keep working. I cannot use another router, but I can put my HTC M8 in tethering mode and I'll try that next to be sure.

2. The same problem occurs when I boot in safe mode. I also have zero apps installed except the stuff that came with the device.

3. When I've been watching video's for a few minutes, and all works well, when I get out of YouTube to read an email and I return to YouTube, I get this error 8 times out of 10. It also happens when I'm watching video's,  stop for a while and run off the screen, and then turn it back on to continue viewing.

4. While the device was on kitkat, I have never experienced any issues whatsoever with it. I really looove this little tablet, I think it's truly amazing and I would hate to replace it.

5. This might be important, while the problem is there, I also cannot delete any Playlist I have on my YouTube account. Instead an error "Unknown service data encountered"...

YouTube video thumbnails still load and I can still use the like and dislike thumbs, so I guess the connection with the YouTube servers is still there.

I really can't understand that I'm the only one who has this problem.  Really everything is stock, factory reset and clean, with really good WiFi. I'm lost...

Anywho t hanks so much guys for trying to help, truly appreciate it. 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

uninstall any preloaded antivirus apps