Join now - be part of our community!

Z2 Tablet wont power on

SOLVED
GA_23
Visitor

Z2 Tablet wont power on

Switched my tablet off last night with about 50% battery charge left. Wont power on today. Have left for +4 hours to recharge but still wont power on. Tried to reset (Hold down power button and + volume button while plugged in) but still nothing. Plugged into PC and ran the PC Companion software but it doesn't detect the tablet.

Is there anything else I can do or is it completely gubbed?

Cheers

G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samuel1
Hero

Alright. In that case I'd recommend that you contact your Local support in order to get a warranty repair. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samuel1
Hero

You could try the repair option in PC Companion. The tablet should be switched off in order for this to work. Open up  Support zone > Update phone/tablet software > Repair phone/tablet software and follow the guide. 

GA_23
Visitor

Thanks.

Tried this, got as far as part 3.Update where it asks you to hold down the power button & volume down button while connecting the USB cable. Says it should automatically move to the next step but doesn't.

Clicked the link for more instructions and followed them but again no joy.

The tablet is less than 12 months old, I take it I can get a warranty repair?

Cheers

G.

Samuel1
Hero

Alright. In that case I'd recommend that you contact your Local support in order to get a warranty repair. 

GA_23
Visitor

Anyone else had issues with Sony repairing your Z2 tablet?

Mine has been away for repair for 5 weeks now and I'm being told they have repired it but can't return it because they have no repair stickers to stick on it. Sounds ridiculous to me.

The repair centre also refuse to update me saying the only notification I'll get is when (if?) they send it back to me.

Anyone know where I can make a complaint?