Join now - be part of our community!

Yahoo Mail less secure sign in

SOLVED
HikaruKaze
Visitor

Yahoo Mail less secure sign in

I've got email from Yahoo notifies me that my app is using less secure sign in, I have the option to enable the less secure sign in to be activated or disable it.

after I disable it, I cannot receive anymore mail from Yahoo using Xperia default mail application.

can you help to update the sign-in system to use a more secure one that comply to Yahoo's secure sign-in?

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html

thank you.

Note: I'm using Xperia X performance, it should be have the latest email version for Sony phones, right?

I hope in the next update, it does include a more secure sign-in system for the email.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi HikaruKaze,

I believe we may be able to help with the incoming emails.

You will first need to navigate to your Yahoo email account via a browser, turn on POP3 in the account settings. You will now need to turn on "Allow apps that use the less secure sign in" within the security settings.

You may also need to remove the account from the handset and then reinitialize after doing the above.

Let me know how you get on.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi HikaruKaze,

I believe we may be able to help with the incoming emails.

You will first need to navigate to your Yahoo email account via a browser, turn on POP3 in the account settings. You will now need to turn on "Allow apps that use the less secure sign in" within the security settings.

You may also need to remove the account from the handset and then reinitialize after doing the above.

Let me know how you get on.