Join now - be part of our community!

3D images viewing on non Sony TV

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Creativedynamic
Visitor

3D images viewing on non Sony TV

I have ordered an Alpha 65 camera as it has great write ups.

The reviews I read say that in panorama mode, you can take 3D images for viewing on 3D TV's. I have a Toshiba TV which uses the passive 3D system similar to that of 3D cinemas - non electronic glasses.

Although I have chosen the Alpha 65 for many reasons, if I could create 3D photos to view in 3D on my TV it would be the icing on the cake.

Does anyone have experience if this will work on my 3D TV, or does it work only with the Sony Bravia TV system?

Thanks for any feedback.

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Creativedynamic - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

As far as I am aware, as long as you attempt to view the photos directly from the HDMI source (as opposed to copying the image onto a USB stick and then inserting it into your TV) then you will have the best chance of getting them to work on your Toshiba set.

Having said this, I am only going by what other users have said (the camera manual itself simply states that the TV needs to be '3D compatible') some people have also been discussing a free piece of software called Stereo Photo Maker which can be used to tweak 3D photo files in order to make them compatible with a particular monitor or TV. If this is something that may be useful to you, it can be downloaded from here:

http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stphmkr/

I also have a non-Sony passive 3DTV - if you do get any issues once you have bought your new camera please upload a sample 3D image here and I will try and get it to work on my set (this will also need to include the accompanying MPO file that will be saved alongside the image as it contains the 3D specific data).

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Creativedynamic - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

As far as I am aware, as long as you attempt to view the photos directly from the HDMI source (as opposed to copying the image onto a USB stick and then inserting it into your TV) then you will have the best chance of getting them to work on your Toshiba set.

Having said this, I am only going by what other users have said (the camera manual itself simply states that the TV needs to be '3D compatible') some people have also been discussing a free piece of software called Stereo Photo Maker which can be used to tweak 3D photo files in order to make them compatible with a particular monitor or TV. If this is something that may be useful to you, it can be downloaded from here:

http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stphmkr/

I also have a non-Sony passive 3DTV - if you do get any issues once you have bought your new camera please upload a sample 3D image here and I will try and get it to work on my set (this will also need to include the accompanying MPO file that will be saved alongside the image as it contains the 3D specific data).

Thanks,

Simon