Join now - be part of our community!

NEX 7 Viewfinder issues

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Incept
New

NEX 7 Viewfinder issues

Hi,

I have a question regarding my new NEX 7.

When using the viewfinder I find that it 'blinks', 'flashes' and 'flickers', apparently randomly.

The problem appears worst on start-up, where I can get 15 to 20 of these aberrations within the first 30 secconds or so. After this, they seem confined to an irregular black 'blink', not unlike a human blink!

I've tried various settings and lenses, including turning of red eye reduction (something suggested in another forum by Sony). I've also tried fully charged and depleted batteries, wondering if its a power fluctuation thing.

My question is this: is the issue a 'standard' feature of the camera, or is it a fault?

Kind regards,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi Chris, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I've never heard of this and it doesn't sound too healthy. You may have some static or electronic interference which would suggest a breakdown in insulation or possibly a short circuit somewhere. Very difficult to speculate without having the device on a bench.

I'd suggest you get ti checked out; f ollow the steps outlines in this post : https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mick2011
New

Hi Chris, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I've never heard of this and it doesn't sound too healthy. You may have some static or electronic interference which would suggest a breakdown in insulation or possibly a short circuit somewhere. Very difficult to speculate without having the device on a bench.

I'd suggest you get ti checked out; f ollow the steps outlines in this post : https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
Minolta_sr1s
Explorer

Hi Chris,

My NEX7 has the same problem you described, could you explain me how you solved it? Than a lot!