Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
Sdroid

I have 4 TDG-BT500A to my x8509 and they all work well but I didn't get any paired message from the tv
profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

So the new response from Sony when I shared the link to this thread (to show that I am not the only person having issues with the Android TV) and show that there is plenty people with many other issues! People all coming together to highlight them in a dedicated place, in hope that Sony will recognise and do something, this is what I got.....

"Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your e-mail.

In regards to your enquiry, please note that the link provided is not for a Sony official website so anybody can write anything on it, however, as the issue is related to Netflix, you may contact the support team of Netflix for further assistance.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yours sincerely, 
Mostafa
Sony customer support
Sony Europe Limited"

I know that I was trying to talk to them about the 5.1 via ARC and optical, and as wills_b pointed out at some point on here, we shouldn't point at one app or the other, it is an ARC issue I agree! We expect 5.1.

I just find it frustrating that Sony are quick to try and find a flaw in anything you send to them, so as they can fobb off! Regardless of weather any link is an official or unofficial site is irrelevant!  The point is, I am not the only person reporting the many issues the 2015 android sets are having and Sony don't want to know!

Sdroid

I'm still having problem with high cpu usage from tvdotaction.
Do you have any more suggestions?
djadrianc

I have two pairs of the BT500A glasses. Tested them again this morning and
they work OK but didn't get a message from the TV when pairing them
wills_b

"The link provided is not for a Sony official website" ???

"...so anybody can write anything on it."
Yes they're called your customers. And they are *****.

Unbelievable response.
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi Guys,

The latest firmware update has been greenlighted and should V2.287.

Roll-out is starting soon so let us know how it goes. The support website will be updated ASAP with the info on what is included as well.

Have a great day,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
profile.country.GB.title
jwq001

You only get the "paired" message the very  first time you pair new glasses. After that they are just recognised.

To pair (and use) glasses you must also make sure that "Bluetooth" is enabled in the settings menu

profile.country.nl_NL.title
tcviper
Explorer

It's about time :wink:
Havent seen an update yet so far, so hopefully it will b e there soon.

The amount of 'bugs' is seriously becoming annoying now, slow response and HDMI doing strange stuff mostly and no 5.1 sound on apps.

Sdroid

I never got the paired message and I have done it twice with 4 glasses, they work so I'm fine with that
chpetzn
Explorer

Has anyone worked out how to change display settings for apps yet? As per my previous post, changing them for the inputs (HDMI, Digital, etc.) is straightforward, but I still can't see a way to change them for the default apps display.

I watch mostly Plex, Netflix and Amazon Prime and the default settings have way too much contrast.

Anyone?