Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
andy144
Explorer

Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think the HT-CT80 has a hdmi arc connection.

Or am I wrong?

Thanks.

Andy144
rdlowry

Sorry, you're correct, the CT80 doesn't have an HDMI port. I don't think
you'll be able to use the TV remote to control volume. I've got the CT-380.
cozzykim

Sorry for a bit of thread drift:

We liked the HT-XT1 so much that, after we took the TV and sound base back to the shop, we went and bought the sound base again (£20 cheaper this time)

I wasn't expecting it to work as well with our 6 year old Tosh Regza TV without ARC but, wait a minute, it does.

The Tosh has something called 'Regza Link' which can be assigned to any HDMI input and is aka 'CEC' aka 'ARC', which are all versions of the HDMI standard defining control channels.

We've got the HT-XT1 switching between Tosh TV/Android TV Box/Humax Foxsat HDR - and the auto power off and input switching all works as it should - so far.

If Sony get the 49X8509 working properly soon, I might well be tempted to buy one again as, operating system problems excepted, the picture quality is way above any other TVs of similar price that we've looked at.

The Sammy UE48JU700 comes close but the picture and design don't quite match the Sony IMHO.

Come on Sony, get your act together and fix it.

EDIT: I know that ARC is not part of the CEC protocol per se, but that works as well as the control channel via a single HDMI cable to the TV from the HT-XT1 for all my devices

hordley
New

Flick remote stopped working, top 2 buttons and volume working but no flick control only had this 13 days. Not good

MonkeyWallace
Explorer

Have you tried a reset? Unpair and re-pair? Hope it doesn't need a repair:wink:

You can do it through the menus or, what I did, was turn off TV at the wall. Take the back cover off the remote and press power, touchpad, vol-down and watch for a blinking led on the back (yeah, I know you need three hands to do that).

hordley
New

Did a reset, tele off then back on then reset remote on tele, working fine again, not sure the answer

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

cozzykim ha scritto:

Sorry for a bit of thread drift:

We liked the HT-XT1 so much that, after we took the TV and sound base back to the shop, we went and bought the sound base again (£20 cheaper this time)

EDIT: I know that ARC is not part of the CEC protocol per se, but that works as well as the control channel via a single HDMI cable to the TV from the HT-XT1 for all my devices

ARC is not the control channel is the Audio Return Channel. I may be wrong but I don't think your six years old TV can support it since ARC was made available in late 2009 with HDMI 1.4.

So you have to use an additional optical cable to make it work with your TV, don't you?

cozzykim

Yes, I know that ARC is the Audio Return Channel, that's the point I'm making.

Just because the TV is old, don't assume that the manufacturer specific variant of CEC or ARC won't work with modern equipment.

I'm amazed, but ours does, ARC included. I originally connected an optical cable as I assumed the the TV is too old, but ARC/CEC works fine.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Really strange, it should have been a top model, good for you :slight_smile:
blytant
Explorer

Hi

Does anyone know how to take a screenshot within Android?

Do I need to install some Third Party App to do this?

Regards

Jide