Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
oeriksen
Explorer

@john.pringle You probably have to register/connect the touchpad. It's a separate menu in settings.

john.pringle

I am not able to register the touchpad  when I first used it  I powered it on and it paired with tv but since last week when you press buttons there is nothing  ie no power light   Thanks for your reply. 

mark-bo

Interesting as my touch pad remote worked fine when I first had the tv then stopped working just before the last update which then got it working again (tried the obvious battery changing and repairing with tv but nothing until the update). Have you tried a complete factory reset?

mark-bo

Am I expecting too much but does the Youtube app have 5.1 surround? I am only getting pcm 2 channel. Also does anyone know of a link to a pdf manual for the 55X8509C that I can download and print off?

profile.country.GB.title
jwq001

@john.pringle wrote:

Can anyone help. Since the update my x8509 touchpad remote has stopped working changed batteries no joy   Thanks 

You probably need to do a full reset of your touchpad first, see :

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/68153/kw/reset%20touchpad/relate...

john.pringle

I did a factory reset today and it is still the same NickCo 1979 posted that there was a discussion about it but as everyone knows this site is mammoth!! Trying to find it is a bit of a pain but I'll get there Thanks for your reply.

Sent from my iPad
NickCo1979

try page 50 and page 51.

snippets here:

<snippet>

For anyone, who cant get their 3D glasses or Touch remote to pair; go into
settings and TURN ON Bluetooth.
Don't know why, but the tv decides to turn it off by itself sometimes....

</snippet>

NickCo1979

And page 58

<snippet>

Did a reset, tele off then back on then reset remote on tele, working fine again, not sure the answer

</snippet>

profile.country.GB.title
jwq001

for me, resetting the remote as described in my link, making sure you get the blinking red led, and then pairing, worked every time.....:)

john.pringle

Thanks jwq 001 your link was perfect  my remote is now working  Just wish everyone on this site was as helpful  all I need now is the minor issue of  sound and blank screen to be fixed  which I am sure it will!!  Thanks again.