Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
petersincock

@simon.summs wrote:

Change picture mode to Cinema Pro.

Light sensor off.

Colour 50

Brightness 10

Contrast 90

Gamma 0

Black Level 50

Black adjust off

Adv. Contrast enhancer off.

Turn off motionflow and film mode. Or set to medium for both.

Colour temps 

R-Gain -4

G-Gain -4

B-Gain Max

R-Bias 0

G-Bias 0

B-Bias -1

Reality Creation off.

See how you get on with those settings. Personally I think the picture on this TV is stunning.

Exact same as i have on my KDL-43W805C, Love the picture

Cbrpaul01
Explorer

I just tried these settings  on my 50w805c, and the picture is terrible, almost pitch black.

But I am watching via HDMI 1 through a Youview T2100 box, so i can only think its the Youview box causing this ?

profile.country.GB.title
petersincock

@Cbrpaul01 wrote:

I just tried these settings  on my 50w805c, and the picture is terrible, almost pitch black.

But I am watching via HDMI 1 through a Youview T2100 box, so i can only think its the Youview box causing this ?

@Cbrpaul01

@Leave all the other settings and try the Brightness @ 20 

Al_Charles

Sony promised to call me back, within 48 hours, 3 weeks ago, I'm still waiting for the call.

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

My X830C has crashed twice this week.:smileycry:

I'm starting to get bothered by it again.:smileyconfused:

I've had my set for 2-3 months, can I return it?

Kind regards:smileypeace:

Richard:smileylaugh:

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Cbrpaul01 wrote:

Did you make these settings on HDMI 1, as each input can be set individually?

A YouView box sends a (good) picture with 'flat' settings, so anything beyond this is down to the TV. Set HDMI 1 to  'Vibrant' or 'Eye-Searing', or whatever Sony call it, and adjust to taste from there 😞

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Al_Charles wrote:
Sony promised to call me back, within 48 hours, 3 weeks ago, I'm still waiting for the call.

Sent from my iPad

You have to consider the possibility that it might not come.

But the best way to ensure that it does is to run a nice hot bath, put the telephone as far away as possible from the bathroom (the garage and the loft are good places, but make sure you can still hear it).

Disrobe, climb into bath, ideally start shampooing your hair also.

Just as you are not quite done getting this out of your eyes, the phone will ring...

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.en_GB.title
mimorga46
Explorer

I have just been given a full refund by Currys and my set was bought on July 22, 2015 when the Sales of Goods Act, 1979 was relevant. It was replaced in October by the Consumer Rights Act which gives even greater protection to the consumer.

See: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange.

If I can get a full refund I see no reason why others cannot - but you need to be proactive. If you look at my recent post on this forum you will find more information about my experiences and ultimate success. Good luck.

Holdski

afternoon people, I have just fired off a scathing email to the kdepauw, sent a letter to the head office and copied the crappy customer services dept in to try and get my money back on this terrible tv set.

my retailer says they cant help me as the tv i have now was repalced direct by sony.

lets see what happens next...........

adyjay33

I reported to a Currys store they have to talk to Sony...I have to put in a
complaint to a sony and get a number... trying to find their contact number
to do so.

Sick and tired of this set now it has to go.... Darren at the Andover
Branch please come up with the goods....
KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!