Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
frankie1g

Ultra HDPicture problems with Ultra HD and Sony TVsIf you’re using a Sony TV with your Sky Q Silver box and have enabled Ultra HD settings, you may experience an issue with the picture.
Sony TV models that are currently affected are:X94C/X93C/X91C/X90C/S85C/S80C/X85C/X83C/X80C series (2015 production) XD94/XD93/XD85/SD85 series (2016 production)If your model number is listed above, or you’re experiencing a similar problem, please try:Putting your TV in standby mode by using the standby button on your Sky Q remote. Wait 5 seconds, then turn your TV back on.
 Selecting a different TV source from the input list on your TV.

Please note: Sky and Sony are currently working together to investigate this issue. Further updates can be found on Sony’s website. Oh my god sony you idiots
Sent from my Samsung device
hankmarvin107

At last....

I have had a fault logged with Sony for over 1 Year for the judder on the TV with a UHD input via HDMI.

Sony have denied, blamed others, done very little and now, Sky enable UHD on their new STB and the same problem is seen.  It is everyone else’s fault again, or Sony?  I will let you decide.

Sony - You could have fixed this one year ago if you were not so uninterested in your customers.  Please someone from Sony come back here on this forum and apologise to all your existing customers who have been telling you about this issue for ages and living with the pain of having to reset or power cycle the TV nearly every day.

UKPiglet

Unfortunately that won't happen as only one Sony employee is allowed to post in these forums, and he is a German speaker who doesn't often contribute to the English forum.
hankmarvin107

Post sales service really does show how much a company cares and wants to keep you happy to buy another product. Sony fails on all counts. This is a warning to anyone out there thinking of buying a Sony product.
adyjay33

Yep... As I have been saying all along... rubbish TV product in the way it works, rubbish after sales service, rubbish company...

I am so sad to see that people are having issues with the 4K side of things in regards to BT and SKY, it makes me wonder if they dont sort it out what can acutally be done to make Sony take responsibiltiy for its poor service etc...?

Now to await the trolling....

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
hankmarvin107

If Sony 4K TVs can’t support 4K from BT, Sky, others, I think Sony will have to recall them all.

To be honest it’s the type of thing that most papers would be interested in as it’s like having an oven that can’t cook food

profile.country.GB.title
petersincock

I am surprised that the BBC's Watchdow program hasnt been involved yet

chrgray

hankmarvin107 wrote:

At last....

I have had a fault logged with Sony for over 1 Year for the judder on the TV with a UHD input via HDMI.

Sony have denied, blamed others, done very little and now, Sky enable UHD on their new STB and the same problem is seen.  It is everyone else’s fault again, or Sony?  I will let you decide. 

It's very disappointing if Sony have known about this problem for months and done nothing to fix the fault.  After all, they've just issued a new firmware that doesn't even attempt to fix this fault sad  Doesn't bode will for them being able to fix this quickly does it.

I can't see how retailers can honestly continue to sell the 2016 models, which apparently have the same fault, when Sony know that their range of 2015 & 2016 TVs can't be used with two of the main UK providers of UHD services - BT & Sky.

For my part, I've given them until 13th August, when Sky launch their UHD service, to fix this fault, and am already pursuing this with my retailer (John Lewis).  The latest email from Sony Customer Services is that they don't know when this wil be fixed, not even an estimated date sad

I bought this Sony TV for it's UHD capabilities, and if that doesn't work with UK UHD service providers, then it's not fit for purpose.

hankmarvin107

Get a full refund once your deadline is hit

Sony have a lot to learn and they will only learn when their balance book shows how much money they have lost due to this poor quality
frankie1g

Maby people have contacted them but they don't seem interested.

Sent from my Samsung device