Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Prime HDR not working on X8509c??

sharptommy
Explorer

Amazon Prime HDR not working on X8509c??

Hi All,

Loving my new 55" X8509c tv - everything seems great, including the Android part.

The picture is great on Netflix 4k and Amazon 4k, but there is HDR content on Amazon that I am struggling to demonstrate.

When I load the programme, and set the picture to HDR, it automatically resets it to another profile e.g. cinema and prevents me seeing the HDR content.

Is there any HDR content to test yet?

Anyone else experienced this?  Thanks for your help. 

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

A few test files can be located

http://demo-uhd3d.com/categorie.php?tag=hdr

Cheers

sharptommy
Explorer

Thanks - I did download them, and they work very well!

Just wondered if anyone had seen the Amazon Prime versions, and if it's working on theirs?

My DL speed is 30 mbps so I don't think it's that issue....anyway, would be good to hear.

I have the same issue. HDR picture mode doesn't seem to stick when playing Prime videos.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sony have conducted tests on HDR via Amazon Prime and they can confirm that it does work.  The TV detects HDR content automatically.  

However once playing back those HDR movies, there is no information to inform you that HDR is [ON].  When you stop playback the TV automatically goes back to the previous picture settings - which gives the appearance that HDR is not working, hence the reason why its gone back to previous picture mode

Hope this answers everything.

sharptommy
Explorer

Fair enough - tbf the display is absolutely terrific, just thought the settings were out, thats all.

Thanks for your response!

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi there

Sony have conducted tests on HDR via Amazon Prime and they can confirm that it does work.  The TV detects HDR content automatically.  

However once playing back those HDR movies, there is no information to inform you that HDR is [ON].  When you stop playback the TV automatically goes back to the previous picture settings - which gives the appearance that HDR is not working, hence the reason why its gone back to previous picture mode

Hope this answers everything.

This does not work in the UK, only US Amazon?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Risc0n

Can you elaborate on "This does not work in the UK, only US Amazon?"

Im trying to get my head around some inconsistencies and confusions of HDR on TVs, but without having a HDR TV (yet), its hard.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Quinnicus wrote:

@Risc0n

Can you elaborate on "This does not work in the UK, only US Amazon?"

Im trying to get my head around some inconsistencies and confusions of HDR on TVs, but without having a HDR TV (yet), its hard.

Cheers

Sure, I checked over at AVS forums and the US Amazon stream has HDR working and selectable. However in the UK there is no such option.