Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

I just read about the upcoming Nougat update for (US?) sony TVs, for example the KDX8300D.

Any idea if this will also happen at the same time for the (UK?) XD83, and if so if this will fix the 5.1 issues?

Thanks!

346 REPLIES 346
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@yalcin.arslan wrote:

New date for Nougat . There is still a hope :smiling:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00178825

"We're currently refining the firmware package for the Nougat operating system on these models. A new updated schedule will be available by spring 2018."

So that means that Sony moved the announcement by at least 3 months?! That's for the schedule.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

What a shame. Delayed by another quarter of a year. Consider that Philips/TPVision and TCL are already distributing Nougat for all their MediaTek TVs.

profile.country.IE.title
eoinocinneide
Explorer

Personally, I would rather wait 3 months for them to fix all the bugs than spend 2 years living with them.

6.0 is rubbish, so worth the delay.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

The delay does not mean that it will be of good quality. Marshmallow has been delayed for over half a year as well. And look what came out...

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

and people with nougat have exatcly the same USB (and probably other, but this bugs me the most) issues as those with MM. At this point, the best new FW would actually be the latest lollipop based one. Since I don't use my TV as TV almost never, I don't care about how slow the guide is or anything related to DVB-x and launcher in MM is almost the same as before, nothing really worth having over working USB.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Nougat rollout has now started in the U.S.

It is exactly as I expected. They are selling Assistant with their newer products only. No Assistant with Nougat FW for ATV1. I hoped Google would give us Assistant independently. Seems not.

On the other hand we get this Samba TV spyware. Of course, Sony is making money by selling our data. Did you know that Samba TV on newer Sony models still exchanges data after disabling it?

Nougat comes with October security patch level which means that the KRACK vulnerability is still not plugged.

Tremendous job Sony. Also given the current Dolby Vision disaster, it is really time to replace your management, developers, QA and support. I am afraid there is no money for that though.

profile.country.GB.title
lollypop11

I see version PKG6.2818.0075NAA is out for US customers. has anyone installed it? Do we know what has changed/improved?

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

This thread is about ATV1 based Sony models from 2015 and early 2016. On ATV2 based models (which FW 6.2818 is for), Nougat has already been released some time ago.

You can't install U.S. FW on European models. For info on the new FW, check out U.S. communities or AVSForum.

andres430
Explorer

Just FYI

If you care about 24p and auto image mode, DO NOT UPDATE

I was royally screwed by the Nougat update on my 55W809C.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@andres430 are you a US customer? In Europe is not still released and it is not the exact same version in any case