Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV updates??

MrLizard

Android TV updates??

I think we need a new thread specifically to ask when the promised software updates for our TVs will be delivered. I appreciate there is already a thread that discusses Android issues. This thread is solely to seek assistance from Sony as to when the software updates to rectify these issues will be released.

At present, the information page for the KD49X8305C is saying that we'll get YouView by the end of the summer, and other updates by September 29th.  While delays happen, the first rule of expectation management is transparency. While I am generally satisfied with the TV, I'm not happy with the HDMI ARC lip sync issue, and I'm very keen to see this fixed.

Otherwise it is a matter of concern that these TVs are not supporting the features we have paid for.  The UK Sale of Goods Act 1979 is very clear on this.

So, my question to Sony support is when will software updates for our TVs be delivered?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.BA.title
tibor_k2
Explorer

Me to

alex13p
Explorer

I'd like to know this to. Replying for updates.

profile.country.en_GB.title
jamjenki81
Explorer

I agree completely with your comments.

Sony's lack of communication simply exacerbates the frustration.

Anonymous
Not applicable

jamjenki81 wrote:

Sony's lack of communication simply exacerbates the frustration.

Hi

The TV group within Sony are learning this lesson the hard way. However, let me stress that Sony are listening to your concerns as well as the forum experts are feeding information back too.

Also, updates are in the pipeline for many features that have been promised as well as bug fixes

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

Think SONY have had a wrist slap (not hard enough imo) but, they ave got these up for a start....

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/android-tv-features

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/article/73499

and if you got to your model bravia support page, there should be similar info there too.

profile.country.GB.title
Cheese87
New

Totally agree... Sony have been very poor in informing customers who purchased these televisions on the good faith these updates would be done on time. A little news would be nice..... At least we would know where we stand

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Sony are just screwing us around, they moved the so called update that was due today until 28th at last minute. Not one bit of communication from them on their official forum.