Join now - be part of our community!

I can’t get any Freeview channels

profile.country.GB.title
IkrShn
Explorer

I can’t get any Freeview channels

I own an AG8 bought a few months ago. 

I decided I wanted Freeview so I bought this aerial

Assuming the aerial isn’t faulty, I get 0 channels when I try digital tuning. 

D670B81F-72B0-4252-881B-9FA0EDB82F6C.jpeg

I have tried both connections shown in red circles and both return nothing. 

Youview is disabled.

Tried factory reset.

i have tried removing the booster signal. 

I will contact amazon to ask for a replacement but before doing that, is it as easy and plugging into the aerial slot and tuning? Am I missing anything? Can the TV even get freeview channels?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You better get in contact with a professional for doing this. You tried to connect you little device indifferently into sat and digital decoder that have also different plugs (don't even know how you did it) and with a small indoor antenna your getting no channels and your first thought is the tv is not capable?!? Why on earth I have a two meters antenna on the roof of my building?

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Indoor aerials are notoriously bad for Freeview in the UK. Its always recommend you have a roof mounted aerial for terrestrial TV in the UK.

To rule out the TV being an issue you could try connecting the aerial to another device or TV to check if its actually working. My bet is its not going to give you a great signal if at all.

However the reviews seem to state that aerial is pretty good. Do not use the satellite connection, as that will do nothing for you. You need to be using the Cable / Antenna connection with coax connection.

The aerial suggests with a direct connection its good for 35 miles. I don't know where you live relative to your transmitter. Whats your postcode? (first 4 letters / digits).

It says upto 100 miles with the booster but its unclear to me without seeing the instructions how this is connected as it appears to show F-Plugs (which is satellite, and hence why you got confused where to connect it). Does it have an F-plug to Coax converter? (the 14mm plug shown at the bottom of the pic is what should be getting plugged into the TV.