Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49x8305c Media Payer

DaveMcA
Explorer

KD-49x8305c Media Payer

hi folks, 

i got my TV 4 days ago and so far in loving it. I have a synology nas connected to my network, I can pickup my nas in the default media player but it doesn't support all file types. Has anyone come across a media player that supports all file types and works via Nas and also picks up the fan art and movie description. I have tried Archos which works ok but I'm sure there's a better player out there. 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

These days i dont stream conent, however the general concensus of the community here is an app called Kodi.

Cheers

DaveMcA
Explorer

Hi there, just tried out kodi, great interface but when I play media I notice the audio is out of sync, noticed lip sync out by approx 1/30 second, I played the same file on the basic player and it was perfect. With kodi there is no option to add fan ar to the file. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm.  Have you tried using Serviio from the diskstation manager on your synology?

DaveMcA
Explorer

Synology apps are not available to download from the google play store for Sony android. I installed Archos pro which works with all file types, also install Archos codec pack and you'll be able to play everything. It also downloads the fan art. I think it works excellent with my synology nas. thanks guys 

DaveMcA
Explorer

Thanks quinnicus 🙂