Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X8509C fails to start

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
lleckie
New

KD-55X8509C fails to start

Red LED (x6 times cycle) comes when the TV is turned on. On-line support suggests a "factory reset" . I have followed the "factory reset" instructions up to the stage of the Green LED... but the LED goes off and the screen remains blank without restarting. No Android logo. Nothing. I have tried the reset process MANY times and I have the most up to date Android software for this TV. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Six red blink is an hw error nothing you can solve with a reset. I am sorry I fuou have an extended warranty you can contact a service centre

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Six red blink is an hw error nothing you can solve with a reset. I am sorry I fuou have an extended warranty you can contact a service centre

profile.country.GB.title
senemce
New

It means there's a fault with the backlight leds, I took mine apart to find one out of the 128 had failed, there's a sensor built in to the power supply which detects a blown led, I've managed to buy a set on ebay but am having trouble reassembling the screen (top tip: tape together the 10 or so layers of the screen so if a little so and so pulls them off the table they don't get mixed up) It's a common fault which has persuade me never to buy Sony again.