Join now - be part of our community!

KD65XF8796BU keeps saying ethernet disconnected

profile.country.GB.title
Marcmcgrath
Explorer

KD65XF8796BU keeps saying ethernet disconnected

Hi All,

Bought the above last month from Currys. I really like the TV no issues with anything else. 

The TV is connected via an ethernet which is connected to a five port switch. Which is connected to a powerline adapter which goes to my sky broadband downstairs (live in a townhouse).

Every so often the TV keeps saying ethernet disconnected and it will cut off from the built in netflix/Amazon prime/YouTube. 

None of my other devices suffer from these disconnects. I can be on ps4 playing cod and the error message will pop up in the top right but wont disconnect me from cod or my game etc.

It is literally only the TV that drops connection not anything else connected to the switch. 

TV is running latest firmware. 

34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried a factory reset?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Marcmcgrath
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

What's the factory reset entail? I am running oreo firmware and would like to know

Will it change my firmware?

How do I do a factory reset?

Kind regards

Get Outlook for Android

Marc

[contact signature removed]

profile.country.GB.title
mickyt

bravia 55xe8596 bought 18 months ago. Great tv, but downloaded the Oreo firmware update before Sony delayed its auto update. TV wont stay connected to ethernet or wifi and soft reset and factory reset only fix this problem temporarily. Is a damn nuisance.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Marcmcgrath,

The pop-up issue you mention is as of the moment under investigation at Sony.

I do however believe that in your particular case the reason is due the nature of packet transmission by the powerline adapter. As a quick test have you tried running a direct LAN cable to the router from your TV bypassing both the switch and powerline adapter to see if that alleviates the issue?

Keep us posted!

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

i have the same problem with my kd65 xf9005 it keeps saying ethernet disconnected i phoned sony suport and allthey advised me to do was switch off the tv and router at the mains then switch back on when i switch back on it works for about a hour then i have to do it over again my ethernet is connected direct from my sky router to the tv this only started once i got the oreo update i was watching netflix last night when the screen went blank the tv had disconected from netflix and it said ethernet disconnected sony have escalated my ticket and will get back to me i wont hold my breath

profile.country.GB.title
mickyt

This seems to be a problem caused by uploading the oreol update before Sony realised there were problems. They rolled out the auto update last month so  Keeping fingers crossed they can sort it out.

profile.country.GB.title
mickyt

My TV is hardwired directly from modem.

profile.country.GB.title
mickyt

TRY THIS IT WORKED FOR ME. Think it was the 6.6510 update that did it. The tv Auto update does not find it. 

1-Remove all external devices.

2-Unplug TV from mains and plug it back in after 2 minutes.

3-Ensure that the TV is running on 6.6510 software version, by checking:

Home - Help and you will see the software version at the top right of your screen.

If your TV is not running on the above software version, please visit the below link for the latest update:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xe85xx_x85xxe-series/kd-55xe8596/download...

4-Please ensure that the Android TV Core Services application is "Version 1.8.5." or higher:

Home - Settings - Apps - Android TV Core Services.
If the Android TV core is not updated, please follow the below steps: 

Home - Apps - Get More App - Sign into your Google account.

Select the My App menu in the Google Play Store.

Select the Android TV Core Services application - Update.

5-Clear Cached Data & Reboot the television:

Home - Settings - Storage & Reset - Internal Storage - Cached Data - Select Yes to clear it.

6-Press on the green power button for more than 5 seconds until a message appears on the screen " Powering Off " or " Shutting Down".

7-Connect your TV to a different internet source such as a personal hotspot using a smart mobile.

8-Perform a factory reset as follows:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00122829

Initial Set up:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors/articles/00122502

profile.country.GB.title
mickyt

REF. my last post.   Must add it was Sony support who sorted it out. WELL DONE